Ceri and I today made a badge for Christina’s character who plays a police officer in the film.
I am definitely enjoying this project a lot. I find it’s extremely challenging however I’m grateful we are doing this. In my opinion its a great opportunity to try something so different and unique which broadens my knowledge of how to deliver what different clients want. With the clients being 9 years old, of course this is going to be challenging and of course not everything they request is possible.
The year 4 students wanted candy land and Alcatraz. The first and most obvious question that popped into my head when I saw that is ‘how are we going to pull this off?’. We hardly had any locations that remotely resemble candy land or Alcatraz. This was still good however as I learned new green screen skills and slowly the film is coming together.
The aim for this was the have a road made out of ‘candy’ and then pushing the camera through the road with the green screen then edited out after. This would then mean that we could green screen in the dragon that must also be featured in this film.
It took many attempts and the final attempt wasn’t brilliant but its progress none the less. We found after setting up all the sweets perfectly and experimenting with where the focus should be, I realised when I edited out the ‘green’ screen that it couldn’t
We also found the green sweets wouldn’t show up so picked them out one by one so the ultra key doesn’t mess up any more than it already did. This was another factor that used up time and so meant we had to rush to put all the sweets back after we
Eventually we came up with a solution to candy land.
The picture above shows our first attempt at making a kaleidoscope effect on the screen. We’ve spent at least.
Every piece that is in the kaleidoscope has to be moved 55 degrees each time for it to work (60, 120, 180 etc.). The reason we are doing this is because we need ‘Kosac’ (my character) to hallucinate after the police officer (Christina’s character) tranquilizes him.